Council conducts its Council meetings usually on the third Tuesday of each month, commencing at 5.00 pm in the Council Chamber, 33 Highett Street, Mansfield. In an effort to make our meetings more accessible to our community at large, Council will hold a meetings in one of our outlying communities on a quarterly basis. We also livestream our meetings via youtube and broadcast on Mansfield Community Radio.
Additional Council meetings may be held periodically throughout the year as required by Council in order to make decisions to very stringent timelines. All meetings are advertised in the local newspaper (Mansfield Matters section of the Mansfield Courier) and in other local or regional newspapers as required.
Members of the community are always welcome and encouraged to attend any public meetings of Council and to submit their questions using the form provided above.
Section 60 of the Local Government Act 2020 requires each council to adopt and apply governance rules that describe the way they will conduct council meetings and make decisions.
Governance Rules determine the way in which Council will:
• Make decisions fairly and in the best interests of the Mansfield community
• Elect its Mayor and Deputy Mayor
• Conduct meetings of Council and Delegated Committees
• Give notice of meetings and record and make available meeting records
• Be informed in its decisions making through community engagement advisory committees and reports
• Require the disclosure and management of conflict of interest
• Apply rules for the conduct of Council and Councillors during Elections Periods.
Mansfield Shire Council transitioned from Community Local Law No 2 – Meeting Procedures to the format of Governance Rules, as required by the Act on 1 September 2020.
Ordinary Council meeting dates
- 17 December 2019
- 21 January 2020
- 18 February 2020 - Bonnie Doon (Community Centre - 75 Arnot Street)
- 17 March 2020 - Mansfield Performing Arts Centre (Mansfield Secondary College - View Street)
- 21 April 2020 - livestreamed due to COVID-19
- 19 May 2020 - livestreamed due to COVID-19
- 23 June 2020
- 21 July 2020
- 18 August 2020 - Goughs Bay (Boat Club - 35 Bayside Boulevard))
- 15 September 2020
- 20 October 2020
- 17 November 2020 - (to be confirmed by the new Council)