Coronavirus (COVID-19) remains a current health issue.
If you suspect you may have contracted COVID-19, please call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398.
For local relief and assistance call 1800 MSC AID (1800 672 243).
What is Council doing?
Council is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak to ensure that we are best prepared to respond to any suspected or confirmed cases within our community. Council’s role in a pandemic is business continuity, so that we can continue to provide local essential services, public health and community support and recovery. We will be guided the Victorian Government and the Department of Health and Human Services about the appropriate action to take and when.
The Mansfield Shire Municipal Pandemic Management Sub Plan (March 2020) guides responsibilities and actions to be taken by Council and agencies in Mansfield Shire in the event of a pandemic. The plan has been developed in line with State and Federal health management plans that aim to provide an effective health response framework to minimise transmissibility, morbidity and mortality associated with a pandemic and its impacts on the health sector and community.
Media & Communications - for current information from DHHS, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Changes to Council Services
Updated: Thursday 10 June, 2021
Regional Victoria will have circuit breaker restrictions eased from 11.59pm on Thursday 10 June. As a result, a number of changes will be implemented to our services and facilities. Please remember if you are visiting one of our Council facilities you MUST "check-in" using the QR code provided.
- Our Customer Service Centre will be reopened.
- Home and Community Care Services continue with appropriate PPE and COVIDSafe practices.
- Our Social Support Groups will operate.
- Planned activity groups will operate.
- Resource Recovery Centre will be open for all.
- Mansfield Library will reopen with restricted hours, storytime will be delivered online and scheduled groups over 10 will be advised of the inability to use the facility under the current restrictions.
- The Youth Centre remains closed.
- The Visitor Information Centre will reopen.
- Integrated family services will operate
- Maternal child health services will operate.
- Financial Counselling is providing support
- Supported playgroups will operate
- L2P program has recommenced
Council’s priority is always the health and safety of both our staff and the community as we continue to work through uncertain times and deliver vital and key services.
The Covid-19 virus is a rapidly changing situation. We are constantly and carefully monitoring the situation as it evolves and will keep you updated as things change.
Where possible, we encourage you to go online or call in to access our services. If this is not possible, when interacting in person with these services we encourage you to:
- Wash hands thoroughly and regularly
- Wear a mask as per State Government directives.
- "Check-in" using the provided State Goverment QR code.
- Sit a little further apart when talking with someone (1.5 metres apart).
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow and dispose of tissues immediately.
- Continue to support and connect with each other in other ways, such as checking in and phoning a neighbour or a friend.
For information on the current restrictions please view the Table of Restrictions.
For regular updates and reliable advice the best source is the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Key Websites and Resources
For people in the community seeking support services call 1800 675 398 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
For state-wide emergency advice go to www.emergency.vic.gov.au
Department of Families, Fairness and Housing
Family safety: www.vic.gov.au/family-violence-support
Department of Health
The Australian Government’s Department of Health is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. The Department of Health are providing daily updates and information, answering questions about the latest news, providing current facts and figures, travel advice, key contact and phone numbers.
For more information, please visit www.health.vic.gov.au
World Health Organisation
The World Health Organisation is continuously monitoring and responding to the coronavirus outbreak. For more information, please visit the WHO website.
Financial support and resources for businesses
The Federal Government is supporting Australian businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees.
There are a number of resources available on the Federal Government's Business website.
The State Government has introduced a number of measures to support business to plan and respond to coronavirus COVID-19.
For advice, updates and support to help your workplace plan and respond to coronavirus visit the Business Victoria Coronavirus Support website.
Additionally, the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry website has information regarding employment obligations and guidelines.
Tourism operaters can find resources online at the Victorian Tourism Industry Council support hub.
As of 11.59pm on Thursday 10 June, Regional Victoria will have circuit breaker restrictions eased. For more details, please see the Premier's statement.
Authorised provider and authorised worker list can be found here
Worksafe Victoria: Find the latest information about coronavirus (COVID-19) and preventing exposure in the workplace.
The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry have produced an employer guide for managing the workplace in the face of the outbreak which includes:
- Understanding your risks.
- Employer obligation.
- Working from home.
- Changing or scaling down operations, and
- Business shut down.
For information and assistance on any aspect of your employment obligations, the Victorian Chamber Workplace Relations Advice Line (03) 8662 5222 can help.
24/7 Coronavirus Hotline 1800 675 398. If you suspect you may have COVID-19 call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
Preventing infection in the workplace advice on how businesses can reduce the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in the workplace, including how best to clean and disinfect.
The principles apply equally to domestic settings, office buildings, small retail businesses, social venues and all other non-healthcare settings.
Supporting Your Mental Health & Wellbeing
If you are experiencing increased worry and stress during this time, there are a number of support services available:
Small business owners and employees get free and confidential access to wellbeing coaches, financial counsellors and business advisors.
If you have any queries, please contact the Economic Development Team on 03 5775 8520 or email email@example.com
Information for Parents
We understand that many parents are likely to be feeling anxious or concerned about their children’s health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Parents should be reassured that the evidence so far is babies and children under five almost never get seriously ill from COVID-19. To keep up to date with the latest information and advice about COVID-19 visit: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
For Financial Support please contact Council's Financial Counsellor on (03) 5775 8569. Monday and Tuesday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Alternatively, please contact the National Debt Hotline on 1800 007 007 or visit their website.
COVID-19 Disaster Payment - for all the information please refer to the links below:
For more information on the Federal Government’s economic response to Coronavirus, here.
Supporting Your Mental Health & Wellbeing
Being aware of how you’re feeling and knowing what you can do to look after your mental well being is an important part of staying healthy during this challenging time. You may find the following resources helpful:
- Mansfield District Hospital Social Worker - 03 5775 8800
- Black Dog Institute online clinic blackdoginstitute.org.au/resources-support/wellbeing and for a free mental health assessment tool onlineclinic.blackdoginstitute.org.au
- Beyond Blue provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au/managing-my-daily-life
- Health Direct - 1800 022 222 to speak to a registered nurse about your health concerns. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 provides a free, private and confidential service for young people aged 5 to 25. The service is available 24 hours a day.
- Ruok.org.au - how to ask, "are you OK?" simple steps that could change someone’s life.
- The Resilience Project - wellbeing strategies that build resilience by practicing the principles of Gratitude, Empathy, Mindfulness and Emotional Literacy theresilienceproject.com.au/presentation-slides-references
Local Business & Service Delivery
Local Trade and Services Delivering to Homes
Marks IGA - 5775 2014 www.mansfieldiga.com.au
Foodworks - 5775 2255 www.mansfield.myfoodworks.com.au
Delatite Poultry – 5775 1388 or Facebook
High Country Fresh - 0419 375 656 (Deliver Mansfield township only)
Goods & Trade
Yenckens Hardware – 5775 2511 www.yenckens.com.au
Bi-Rite Home Appliances – 5775 2099 www.birite.com.au/stores/bi-rite-mansfield
Kmart Mansfield – 5733 2400 www.kmart.com.au
Betta Home Living – 5775 1992 www.betta.com.au/stores/mansfield-betta-home-living
Mansfield Hospitality Supplies – 5779 1660 www.mansfieldhospitalitysupplies.com.au
Stolz Mansfield – 5775 2688 www.stolz.com.au
Edith & May – 5779 1355 www.highcountryflowers.com.au
Information Services and Closures
Central Hume Primary Care Partnership
For information regarding health and wellbeing services in the Hume region, please visit the Central Hume Primary Care Partnership website.
MACE - Mansfield Adult Continuing Education
For all Services Australia enquiries go to www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/
For all Department of Human Services enquiries go to www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/
For all Centrelink enquiries - 132 850
For up to date information regarding how COVID19 has impacted the operations of our campsites, national parks and caravan parks, as well as information regarding seasonal closures, please visit the Parks Victoria website.