Council operates several kerbside waste collections to existing and new households and businesses.
To ensure that your bin is collected on the scheduled collection day, please note the following:
- Bins should be placed near the kerb or roadside, facing the road and placed no less than 1 meter apart.
- Bins should be placed out for collection the night before your collection day. Late bins will not be collected.
- Do not overfill or compact your bins as they may not be collected (Council’s contractor will not return for bins that weren't completely emptied because they were tightly compacted)
Further information about our bin collection service including what should and shouldn’t be placed in your garbage and recycling bins can be found in our Waste Collection Conditions of Supply and Service - 43kB.
We will replace broken lids, wheels and pins on garbage or recycling bins free of charge. If your bin has been damaged, please report it.
Please be advised that additional charges may apply for replacement of damaged bins.
Where bins have been placed out correctly and have been overlooked during collection, we can make arrangements under these circumstances to have the bin collected as soon as practical.
Non optional services (Garbage and Recycling)
Council provides a weekly waste and fortnightly kerbside recycling service to all properties, with a dwelling, located in the designated service area. Kerbside services are non-optional for such properties and are required to pay the annual waste and recycle charges as part of the property rates. The 2019-20 charges are as listed:
Waste bin (red lids) :
- 240 litre - $338.68
- 120 litre - $169.34
- 80 litre - $112.89
Recycle bin (yellow lid):
- 240 litre - $105.97
Community Waste Charge
The Community Waste Charge is an annual charge that is applied to all rateable properties including vacant land without a kerbside waste and recycling collection service. The Charge ensures that all ratepayers within the Shire are effectively contributing to all community waste initiatives within the municipality.
Community Waste Charge is $40.17
This annual charge contributes to the recovery of the following costs:
- Maintenance and cleaning of all street and public bins
- Maintenance of Councils Resource Recovery Centre
- Waste Education Initiatives across the municipality
- Litter control
- Visitor waste management program
- Maintenance and servicing of all public place waste/ recycle infrastructure
The Community Waste Charge is a non optional charge.