Council recognises the importance of maintaining high levels of immunisation coverage to protect the individual and the community from a range of serious communicable diseases.
Immunisation Schedule and Service
As a leader in this area of public health protection, Council has adopted a community based approach where it will provide an efficient service, assist other providers and raise the profile of immunisation generally.
Following a 2005 review of the service and after discussion with the General Practice operators, Council endorses a move away from its monthly public sessions and now only provides an immunisation delivery service to those attending secondary school. This decision was underpinned by the following:
- The capacity of the Medical Clinics to offer the service.
- The ability of the Medical Clinics to waive any fees when necessary.
- An increased ability to meet parents desire to receive the immunisation at a time that suited them.
- Limited numbers supporting Council's service provision.
- Government rebates for immunisation delivery heavily weighted toward GP service delivery.
- Council continues to attend the local secondary schools for scheduled immunisations.
Council can only provide you a copy of your immunisation history if the vaccines were administered by Council. To request a copy of your records, please complete the Application for Immunisation Record form, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
Environmental Health Officer
Private Bag 1000
Mansfield VIC 3724
For all other enquiries, please contact the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 or visit their website: