The ‘Active Ageing and Community Connections’ program supports the choice for people wishing to remain living in their own homes by offering home and community based support services to people 65 years and over, people with disabilities, and their carers.
Services Mansfield Shire Council provide are:
Planned Activity Days
- Men's Group: held every second Monday 10am - 1pm
- Spring Club: held every Wednesday 11am - 2pm and designed for those less mobile
- Social Group: held every second Thursday 12 noon - 2.00pm
- Aqua Movers: held each Friday 9.00am - 1.00pm and is a gentle exercise program held in the hydrotherapy pool in Benalla Aquatic Centre. Transport provided to pool
- Easy Moves Group: held every Thursday and designed to work on strength and balance. *Doctors approval is required to attend this group
The Community Bus is a weekly bus service to transport people living in Mansfield township to the main shopping centre to do their shopping, banking, bill paying etc. Volunteers assist people on and off the bus. A fee is charged per trip.
- Available to everybody of all ages
- Provides a pick up and drop off at home service to ALL Mansfield township residents.
Every Thursday (except Public Holidays)
Time: First pick up at 9.30am departing High Street for return journey at 11.30am
Bookings are essential, please call Community Connections Coordinator on 5775 8566 to book.