Mansfield Library is a comfortable and social space where everyone is welcome. Membership is free and open to everyone.
Cnr High and Collopy Street, Mansfield VIC 3722
Phone: 03 5775 2176
|Tuesday||9.30am – 6.00pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am – 1.00pm|
|Thursday||9.30am – 5.30pm|
|Friday||9.30am – 5.30pm|
|Saturday||9.30am – 12 noon|
- Borrow books, DVDs, audio books and magazines for free.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Free public Internet Computers.
- Print documents from your own device or from your home.
- Photocopy, fax and scan documents.
- Hire meeting rooms.
- The Library runs a monthly service to Woods Point and Gaffneys Creek.
- Books on wheels is a home library service for people who are unable to visit the library.
Activities for Adults
- Author visits. Contact the Library for upcoming events.
- Book Chat. 3pm 3rd Friday of each month. For those who love to read and chat about books.
- Chess Club. 10.30am every Wednesday. All ages and skill levels welcome.
- Scrabble Club. 10.30am every Wednesday. New members welcome.
- Jigsaw Club. 10.00am - 12.00pm 3rd Friday of each month. Borrow a jigsaw, have a chat and a cuppa.
- Armchair Travel 6pm 1st Wednesday of the month May-September. $5 for a light supper. Bookings essential.
- Be Connected. Tech lessons for people aged 50+.
- Family History Group. Meet 2.00pm - 5.30pm 4th Thursday of each month. Fascinating guest speakers. Sheena Daykin is the contact. Ph 5775 1659.
- Bush poetry Group. Meet 2.00pm - 5.30pm 4th Thursday of each month. For admirers, performers and writers. Liz Seaton is the contact. Ph 0400 603134.
- Writers Group. Meet 4.00pm - 5.00pm 2nd Friday of each month.
- Friends of the Library. Meet bi-monthly. Support the library with catering and fundraising. The Friends run a huge book sale each year during the 1st two weeks of January. New Friends are always welcome.
Activities for Children
- Preschool Storytime 10.30am 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month. Stories, songs, rhymes, craft and lots of fun. Bookings not necessary.
- Preschool Storytime in the park. Each school holidays the Library holds at least one of the regular story times in the playground near Highett Street. Storytime extravaganzas are also held before Easter and Christmas. Contact the Library for dates.
- Mother Goose for babies to 12 months and their parents. Rhymes and Songs. This program runs for 6 weeks and is offered twice a year.
- Lego Club, 10.30am 2nd Saturday of each month. Hear a story and create a LEGO piece on a theme.
- School Holiday Activities. Author visit, performances, movies, STEAM activities, stuffed animal sleep-overs and more. Contact the Library for details.
- Special events such as celebrations of author birthdays and Harry Potter nights.
- 1000 books before School Join this program and ensure your child is ready for school. This program is for children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Summer Reading Club Encourages children to read over the holidays. Children receive small gifts and are invited to a party.
With your Library membership you can download:
- eBooks and eAudio books (Borrow Box and RB Digital)
- Movies and documentaries (Kanopy)
- Comics (Comics plus)
- Magazines (Zinio)
Online learning and databases you can access:
- Ancestry. Come in to the Library to use this database.
- Encyclopedia Britannica.
- National Geographic.
- Listen to and watch Story Box Library. Children can view stories by Australian authors and illustrators, read aloud by wonderful storytellers.
- Busythings for children. Fun educational activities to play online.