The aim of community development is to build a sense of community through empowering people within our Shire.
The Community Development team develop community centred resources, services and opportunities to address the diverse needs of people in the Mansfield Shire.
Community Matching Fund Project Completion Report Form
Other Community Funding Resources
- Community Grant Guru - Community GrantGuru covers grants and funding sources for: Arts; Sport; Community Services; Environment; Community Infrastructure; Multicultural projects and much, much more.
- Grants Victoria - Grants Victoria is a directory of Victorian Government grants and assistance applicable to individuals, businesses and communities.
- Mansfield & District Community Bank - Mansfield & District Community Bank Branch of Bendigo Bank offers various forms of sponsorship and donations to community and sporting clubs, schools and groups in the local area.
- Mansfield Community Fund - Mansfield Community Fund is a tax-deductable fund established in 2012 to benefit and strengthen the community of Mansfield. Its vision is to encourage and enable people to make charitable donations and to work together to build a stronger community through social fairness, cultural richness, economic and environmental sustainability.
- Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal - The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal’s (FRRR) operate a number of grants programs to benefit Australia’s rural, regional and remote communities.
- Our Community - Our Community provides advice, tools, resources and training in relation to fundraising and grants for not-for-profit organisations and schools as well as businesses and individuals.
Community Training aims to empower individuals and groups of people with the skills they need to effect change within their communities. There are generally 4 training workshops per year plus additional course/workshops that Council receives funding to deliver.
Notification of upcoming community training sessions is distributed via the Community Directory. Make sure your group is registered!
We have been conducting community development in Mansfield Shire since 2010 and 12 of our small townships have developed their own community plans.
Township community plans (pdf):
Many great community initiatives have been achieved through these community plans, a newly renovated hall in Merton, a Community Park in Maindample, the Tolmie Tearooms and the popular Merrijig Newsletter are just a few examples.
For further information please contact the Community Development Team.
Phone: 03 5775 8555