COVID-19: Read how Council is responding to COVID-19. For relief and assistance call 1800 MSC AID (1800 672 243).

Council Payment Options

Friday, 20 March, 2020 - 13:15

With the reception at Mansfield Shire Council’s Municipal Office closed for face-to-face service, customers may have questions about paying invoices, rates or pet registrations. 

Council staff are continuing to work as usual and will be available to answer customer enquiries over the phone.   The majority of Council customers already use payment options that do not require face-to-face contact, including BPAY, credit card over the phone or via our website and direct debit.  Cheques can also be mailed, or deposited in the mail slot outside the front door of Council’s municipal office.

Council is encouraging customers who usally pay cash at the counter to contact their local bank branch to find out what services and assistance they can provide, or contact Council’s revenue office for assistance by phoning 5775 8555. 

The Municipal Office has been closed for face-to-face services to protect the community and staff in light of Corovavirus social distancing advice.

Council will provide flexibility to customers unable to meet payment due dates who may have been adversely affected by the closure of the Municipal Office  and other COVID19 impacts. If you are experiencing financial difficulties and wish to set up payment arrangements or apply for relief, Council’s Financial Hardship policy may be of assistance.                                               

Customers visiting the Resource Recovery Centre are asked to report to the office to make payment. Payment will be by card only. Council has closed the re-sale shop to limit handling of change.

We thank residents and ratepayers for their patience as we all adjust to these changes.  Our priority is always the health and safety of both our staff and the community as we continue to work through uncertain times and deliver vital and key services.

COVID19 is a rapidly changing situation. For regular updates and reliable advice the best source is the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).

Print More Options
Last Updated: Friday, 20 March, 2020 - 13:19