Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a current health issue and Council is currently monitoring the situation. Find out more.


  • I don't need a rubbish bin; can I just have a recycling bin?

    No, rubbish and recycling bins are part of a combined service and cannot be separated.

  • I don't need a rubbish pick up, do I have to be part of the rubbish and recycling collection?

    It is not optional to participate in Council's rubbish and recycling collection service. All properties within the designated service area, with a dwelling, are required to receive the service.

  • I have a holiday home and don't put my bins out very often. Do I still need to pay for bins on my rates?

    Rubbish and recycling charges are levied to all properties with a dwelling situated along the collection route, regardless of whether the service is required or utilised. Placing bins out for collection is discretionary.

  • I have a problem with a neighbour - where can I get help?

    The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV) is a free dispute resolution service funded by the Victorian Government. 

    DSCV can help you resolve common neighbourhood disputes involving fences, trees, animals, noise and drainage, disputes about difficult or anti-social behaviour etc.  Guides to dispute resolution services in Victoria are also available in English and ten community languages from the website.

    Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria

  • I have lost my dog or cat registration tag, can I get a replacement?

    Yes. Contact Customer Service or visit Council and a replacement tag will be issued at a fee of $5.00.

  • I have moved, how do I update my details?

  • I have received a Fire Prevention Notice? What do I do now?

    Mansfield Shire Council Fire Prevention Officers inspect properties in the lead-up to summer and during the CFA’s Declared Fire Danger Period to see if there are fire hazards that need to be addressed on private land.

    Where fire hazards are identified on private land a statutory Fire Prevention Notice (FPN) is issued pursuant to the Country Fire Authority Act 1958. Works take place to mitigate the fire hazard within a specified timeframe.

    The FPN will have details of the works to take place to mitigate the fire hazard within a specified timeframe. It may be s simple as slashing a paddock that is within a designated distance of structures.

    If you would like to discuss the FPN or the timeframe for compliance, call Council's Fire Prevention Officer on 5775 8555.

  • I need some financial emergency relief assistance - who do I contact?

    Emergency relief assistance payments are available for seven days after an emergency event to assist you if you have suffered hardship, or are likely to suffer hardship, as a result of an emergency.

    The Department of Health and Human Services coordinates the Personal Hardship Assistance Program. 

    View their Emergency Relief Assistance Payment Flyer

  • Is there a difference between building and planning permits?

    Planning and building permits are different and each one is governed by different laws and regulations. A planning permit approves the use and development of the land and a building permit ensures that the building work is safe, structurally sound and complies with building regulations. A planning permit must be issued before you can apply for your building permit.

  • Is there funding available for events?

Print More Options