Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a current health issue and Council is currently monitoring the situation. Find out more.


  • How do I report a damaged or missing sign?

    To report any information regarding missing or damaged signs, please contact Council on 03 5775 8555 or email Please provide details of the sign location including the road name, closest intersection, closest property number or estimated distance from the nearest intersection. This will help Council to identify the sign and rectify it in a timely manner.

  • How do I report a dangerous, fallen or overhanging Tree?

    Contact Mansfield Shire Council on 03 5775 8555 or email to report a dangerous tree. Please forward a photo as this will greatly assist assessment and prioritisation

    Requests are prioritised where there is a risk to personal safety i.e.

    • A branch has fallen over a road
    • A tree is in danger of falling.
    • A large branch is hanging and is in danger of falling.
    • A large branch is obstructing a footpath.

    Note that trees blocking or threatening rural driveways are not the responsibility of Council and should be referred to DELWP.

    If the tree is on private property, contact the Victoria State Emergency Service (SES) 132 500.

    In rural environments it is environmental best practice to leave the cleared tree in the road reserve.

    Council is responsible for trees in streets and on nature strips, as well as various parks and reserves.

  • How do I report a faulty street light?

    Street lights within the Mansfield Shire are maintained by AusNet Services and they attend to any faults including streetlight outages and damage on Council's behalf. To report a faulty streetlight:

    AusNet Services: Report Streetlight Faults

    You will need to provide the following details to lodge a request:

    • What type of fault it is: light out, light dim, light flickering, light on 24/7, damaged light
    • Pole Number, found on a yellow label with black print displaying a number on the pole
    • Street name and number where streetlight is located
  • How do I report a problem with a road or footpath?

    Council undertakes maintenance of all constructed roads in the municipality with the exception of arterial roads which are the responsibility of Vic Roads.

    Road maintenance activities include: 

    • minor road repairs including pothole patches, edge repairs, drain clearing
    • unsealed road grading and repairs
    • footpath safety repairs

    All works are considered and prioritised under the Road Management Plan 240KB PDF which is the management system that Council implements to inspect, maintain and repair public roads for which it is the responsible road authority.

    Major works are scheduled into the 10 year capital works program.

    Report a road issue

    Alternatively, you can contact Council on 03 5775 8555 or email to report an issue. Please forward a photo as this will assist assessment and prioritisation.

  • How do I report a problem, blockage, damaged pit lid or flood?

    Please report the issue to the responsible authority:

  • How do I report injured wildlife on Council Roads?

    Council’s Local Law Officers are not authorised or trained to handle wildlife. If you find injured wildlife call Wildlife Victoria on 03 8400 7300. or the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning on 136 186.

  • How do I report my pet if it is lost?

    Contact Customer Service ON 03 5775 8555 so they can lodge a lost pet report.  You can also email council:

    The Customer Service team will ask you to provide as much information as possible, such as a descripition, when last seen and if registered and microchipped. 

  • How do I report Public Toilets that require attention?

    To report any information regarding public toilets, include cleaning, vandalism or faults, please contact Mansfield Shire Council on 03 5775 8555 or email At the entrance of each public toilet there is a plaque that displays the time and date of the last clean and the time and date of the next scheduled clean. This information is required to assist in your enquiry.

  • How do I report speeding or Hooning vehicles?

    Hoon driving is used to describe a list of offences that involve reckless driving behaviour that puts the public at risk. Penalties for hoon driving offences include the vehicle being impounded, immobilised or forfeited.

    Crime Stoppers Hoon Hotline 1800 333 000

    You are encouraged to report of hoon driving to Victoria Police, if you have knowledge of hoon driving activity and/or are able to provide a description of vehicles involved (make, model, colour, registration number etc.). Police can focus on specific locations in relation to Hoon driving.

    To report hoon driving activity call the Crime Stoppers Hoon Hotline on 1800 333 000 or report it online:

  • How do I report vandalism or graffiti?

    Vandalism or graffiti should be reported to Council on 03 5775 8555 or via email and to Victoria Police 5775 2555.

Print More Options