The Community Waste Charge is an annual charge that is applied to all rateable properties including vacant land without a kerbside waste and recycling collection service. The Charge ensures that all ratepayers within the Shire are effectively contributing to all community waste initiatives within the municipality.
The charge is declared for the recovery of costs of the following:
• Maintenance cleaning of all street and public bins
• Maintenance of Council’s Resource Recovery Centre
• Waste Education Initiatives across the municipality
• Litter control
• Visitor waste management program
• Maintenance and servicing of all public place waste/ recycle infrastructure
The Community Waste Charge is a non optional charge.