What can I do about flooding on my property?

Property owners are the responsible party for managing surface water on their property, as defined in the Water Act 1989. The best action a property owner can take regarding stormwater on their property is to ensure they are responsibly discharging to their Legal Point of Discharge.

Council infrastructure is designed to manage 1 in 10 year storm levels. When storms beyond this scope occur, flooding can be expected in the low lying areas of the municipality.

Print More Options
Last Updated: Thursday, 31 May, 2018 - 16:54