How do I report a dangerous, fallen or overhanging Tree?

Contact Mansfield Shire Council on 03 5775 8555 or email to report a dangerous tree. Please forward a photo as this will greatly assist assessment and prioritisation

Requests are prioritised where there is a risk to personal safety i.e.

  • A branch has fallen over a road
  • A tree is in danger of falling.
  • A large branch is hanging and is in danger of falling.
  • A large branch is obstructing a footpath.

Note that trees blocking or threatening rural driveways are not the responsibility of Council and should be referred to DELWP.

If the tree is on private property, contact the Victoria State Emergency Service (SES) 132 500.

In rural environments it is environmental best practice to leave the cleared tree in the road reserve.

Council is responsible for trees in streets and on nature strips, as well as various parks and reserves.

Print More Options
Last Updated: Thursday, 31 May, 2018 - 19:43