Coronavirus continues to be a changing situation, there may be more current information available on coronavirus.vic.gov.au. This update was produced on Monday, 07 June.
Key messages for the community
- There are coronavirus exposure sites across Melbourne. If you, or your friends or family, went to any of the exposure sites listed here at the times indicated, please follow the advice given for that particular site, this web page also includes a map of exposure sites.
- If you have cold or flu like symptoms, such as a cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or runny nose, even if these are mild, you should get tested for COVID-19.
- Getting vaccinated helps protect you from getting sick from COVID-19. The vaccines being used in Australia are very effective at preventing serious illness and loss of life from COVID-19. Vaccination centres are open to people who are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Checking in at venues and facilities helps with contact tracing and keeps Victoria safe and open. When you check-in, you create a record of the time and date you visited a venue. This means that if there is a COVID-19 outbreak, contact tracers can quickly access your contact information and get in touch with you, if you’ve visited a public exposure site. This will help to contain a COVID-19 outbreak.
- From 11:59 pm on Thursday, 3 June 2021, if you live in metropolitan Melbourne there are only five reasons to leave your home:
- shopping for necessary goods and services
- care and caregiving, including medical care, or to get a COVID-19 test
- authorised work and permitted study
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Victorians may also leave home to visit their intimate partner, their single social bubble buddy, or in an emergency – including those at risk of family violence.
- From 11:59 pm on Thursday, 3 June 2021, if you live in regional Victoria there are no restrictions on the reasons to leave home, but staying COVIDSafe remains important.
- Please tell anyone who is concerned to see coronavirus.vic.gov.au OR call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 – for an interpreter, press 0 (zero).
- New restrictions for Melbourne: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/community-services#new-restrictions-for-metropolitan-melbourne
- Case locations and outbreaks - https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
- Where to get tested: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19
- Translated information: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
- Financial support for coronavirus (COVID-19) - https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/financial-and-other-support-coronavirus-covid-19
- Isolation and quarantine – extra help and support: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/isolation-and-quarantine-extra-help-and-support
- Mental health resources https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/mental-health-resources-coronavirus-covid-19
- Information for people with disability - coronavirus (COVID-19) - https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/information-people-disability-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
- Emergency relief packages - https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/fact-sheet-emergency-relief-packages-english-COVID-19-doc
- COVIDSafe religion and ceremony guidance: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/covidsafe-religion-and-ceremonies-guidance
- Circuit Breaker Business Support package: https://business.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/circuit-breaker-business-support-package
- Financial support for businesses: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/financial-support-for-businesses-and-workers
- Free infection control training for businesses: https://www.skills.vic.gov.au/s/free-infection-control-training
- Translated information about COVID: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
- Victoria’s COVIDSafe Settings: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covidsafe-settings
- How we work: Information for Business and Industry: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/how-we-work
- Record keeping for contact tracing: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/record-keeping-contact-tracing-information-business
- About the Victorian Government QR Code Service https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/about-victorian-government-qr-code-service
- QR Code app, API and digital record keeping for contact tracing: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/qr-codes-and-digital-record-keeping-contact-tracing
- How to create a COVIDSafe workplace: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/creating-a-covidsafe-workplace
- Information about wearing a face mask: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/face-masks
- Six principles of COVIDSafe workplaces: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/six-principles-covidsafe-workplaces
- Signs, Posters and templates for your workplace: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/signs-posters-and-templates
- COVIDSafe Plans: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/covidsafe-plan
- Business Grants and Support: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/business-grants-and-support
Business customer resources
- Register to use the Victorian Government QR Code Service: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/register-to-use-vic-gov-qr-code-service
- Translated information about COVID 19: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
- How to wear a mask: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/videos/how-to-wear-a-mask
For further information visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au