Improving Boating Facilities at Lake Eildon
May 19, 2015
At its May Ordinary meeting, Council confirmed its in-principle support to the recommendations provided in the Lake Eildon Recreational Boating Facilities Improvement Plan (LERBFIP). The Plan is now on public exhibition for consideration by the community.
A public meeting is scheduled to discuss the Plan, and members of the general public are most welcome to attend on:
Wednesday, 27 May 2015, commencing at 6.00pm in the Council Chamber (33 Highett Street)
- Recommendations in the Plan include:
- Improve specific facilities
- Attract private investment
- Reduce the burden on ratepayers to fund infrastructure
- Lessen impact on residents by visitors with regard to public and private land
- Improve environmental outcomes
- Create a streamlined management, development and marketing structure
- Stage development and attract government funding for major works
Development of the Plan was co-funded by State Government, Goulburn-Murray Water, Mansfield Shire Council and Murrindindi Shire Council.
Comment on the Plan is invited until 5.00pm on Friday 19 June 2015 and should be directed to Council's Tourism & Economic Development Manager, Mr Ian Geer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 5775 8555.