Economic Development Strategy
Mansfield Future Economic Development Positioning Statement
(Currently being reviewed)
Mansfield Shire Council, in partnership with community and stakeholders, will build upon its natural advantages to provide quality lifestyles through industry diversity, growth and yield, employment, healthcare and an environment conducive to lifestyle business opportunities.
Mansfield Shire Council Economic Development Priorities
The priorities for economic development within the Mansfield Shire are to:
- Support the key existing economic sectors, namely tourism, personal/ business services, health/culture/recreation, primary production, education and light industry;
- Invest the establishment of a high quality Business Park, incorporating the latest communications technologies, to attract knowledge-based businesses and to cater to micro, start-up and part-time businesses;
- Further develop aged and health care facilities to support the ageing population and to build on the extensive health and medical service capability of the Shire;
- Support emerging agriculture enterprises;
- Harness the range of existing expertise and skills held by residents and holiday home owners for the benefit of the community;
- Further develop and promote education and training sector to meet the needs of business and to capitalise on the Shire’s comparative advantages in outdoor education;
- Extend the use of the Shires tourism branding (Mansfield, Mt Buller, the High Country) to other local and regional product strengths including primary produce (meat, wool, timber), process goods (wine, food) and outdoor education (elite sport, adventure, environment).