CLAN Community LeadershipThe Mansfield CLAN – An Overview
“Community leadership is the courage, creativity and capacity to inspire participation, development and sustainability for strong communities” Sir GustavNossal.
Community leadership, together with knowledge and skills, volunteering, networks and partnerships have been identified as among the five key indicators for stronger communities and civil society.
Some people are born leaders. Others learn on the job or have the good fortune to have a mentor. Good leaders are created through their experience and have the courage to admit that they still have to learn and hone their skills over time.
‘Grass roots’ leaders are what make a community tick – make it vibrant, enjoyable, healthy and progressive through having dreams that they make come true – and they are often the people having all the fun!
So, are you passionate about Mansfield?
Mansfield Shire Council is looking for 10—15 people to experience an extraordinary journey of personal discovery while contributing to the future of Mansfield by mobilising, empowering and leading the community to turn dreams into reality!
The Mansfield CLAN (Community Leadership and Action Network) is a ground-breaking Community Leadership Program targeting new and emerging community leaders. The program has been specially designed for the Mansfield community and includes;
- Mentoring from established community leaders in Mansfield
- Workshops to develop skills, tools and confidence in community leadership
- Real life, practical community projects that participants can design, work on together, reflect on and build their leadership skills through action learning – planning, doing, reflecting and refining.
CLAN Program Overview How to Apply
The Mansfield CLAN is limited to 10-15 participants. All interested participants need to complete the Expression of Interest form. Expression of Interests close at 5pm on 1 August 2013.
CLAN Expression of Interest form
There is no cost to participate in the CLAN. Conditions
- Participants must be residing in the Mansfield Shire.
- The real life, practical community project that participants work on must provide a direct benefit and build a stronger community in the Mansfield Township.
- 100% attendance is required at workshops. Participants must commit to 2 full day sessions (weekend), 2 evening sessions (mid-week) and a celebratory dinner throughout August, September and October.
For further information please contact the Kirsten Lingard or Sue Arndt on 5775 8555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com