There are several teams of dedicated staff within Community Services which includes the: Aged & Disability Services Team
which provides a number of services to our community enabling people who are frail aged or have a disability to live independently in their own homes. Services include:
Youth Services Team
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Home Maintenance
- Meals on Wheels
- Volunteer Services
- Planned Activities which provides opportunities for social activities in a group situation
- Community Bus
provides a range of services and activities focussed on young people in the community including:
Family and Children’s Services Team
- CaféConnect, a safe supervised facility for young people;
- Youth development programs including ‘The Next Step’ FReeZA team which allows young people to participate in the co-ordination of events; ,
- Mansfield Youth Service Providers Network (MYSPN) and the
- Mansfield Shire Youth Charter including a network of Community Partners working with young people in a range of ways throughout the community.
offering a range of supportive services for families and children including:
- Family Services – working towards the development of innovative and professional services for parents and children,
- Home is Where the Heart Is – a tutoring program to work with children and young people,
- Family Counselling working with families to support them in overcoming problems,
- Maternal and Child Health – promoting the wellbeing of families in the Mansfield community,
- Financial Counselling, a free service to assist families and individuals who are experiencing problems with financial and consumer rights issues,
- Family Day Care, based in the homes of registered Careproviders and In Home Care which allows children up to the age of 12 to be cared for in their own homes.
involves working and partnering with local communities on a variety of issues and projects including working with small communities to develop a whole of community approach to community planning and development.
- Sport and Recreation works with sporting clubs and community towards the development of healthier communities through planning and facility development.
- Access and Inclusion recognises that people with disabilities, both residents and visitors, contribute to and comprise a significant and important part of the Mansfield Community and the Mansfield Shire Council aims to ensure that its services, facilities, practices and planning strategies are inclusive of and accessible to all, including people with disabilities. The Central Hume RuralAccess Project aims to encourage communities to become more accessible for, and inclusive of people with a disability.
- The Transport Connections Project ‘Connecting our Communities’ is a partnership between Mansfield Shire Council and Benalla Rural City. Its aim is to work with communities to develop solutions to identified transport disadvantage.