Tolmie news and events
For all the latest news and events in Tolmie check out the Tolmie Times website
Community Planning in Tolmie
Community planning brings people together to identify the things that are important to them in their town or locality. Priorities and actions are noted in a community plan which belongs to the community.
“Tolmie is a community-spirited, historical and friendly place. We’re an active community that values its relaxed lifestyle.”
This is the vision outlined by members of the Tolmie Community. To achieve this vision the Tolmie community has identified the following projects
- Bridle and walking trails
- Sustaining our environment
- Preserving Tolmie’s history
- Tolmie Tearooms (old school house)
- Keep Tolmie Sports going
- Community Transport
Click here to download the Tolmie Community Plan 2011-18
Follow this link to the 'Community Planning' section of Council's website to find out about community planning in the Mansfield Shire.
The process to develop the Community Plan
- On Sunday September 26, 2010 the first in a series of community planning activities took place at the Tolmie Hall. At the workshop Tolmie community members documented their town's assets and their visions and ideas for its future. To read through the many suggestions and the priority projects identified on the day, download the workshop report here.
- A survey was posted to all ratepayers to check that the ideas raised at the first workshop were shared by other community members. You can download the complete survey results here (this is a 2MB file); or the summary here.
- A second workshop was held to decide on the final list of projects to be included in the draft Tolmie Community Plan.
- A third gathering in April 2011 was a chance for community members to suggest changes to the draft Community Plan.
- The Draft Tolmie Community plan was available to for public comment online and at the Tolmie Farmers' Market on May 21, 201