MaindampleHave your say about the future of Maindample... Community Planning 2011!
Results of the Maindample Community Planning Survey are in!
The top five priorities identified by you were...
• Turning lane from highway into Railway St (81.8% or 9 extremely important votes)
• Community open-space area (72.7% or 8 extremely important votes)
• Safe turning lane into pub (72.7% or 8 extremely important votes)
• Community meeting place / hall (60% or 6 extremely important votes)
• Speed limit along highway reduced to 80km (54.5% or 6 extremely important votes)
To read the full report, click here
. What is a community plan?
A community plan belongs to the community – you decide what’s in it and you’re the leaders when it comes to making it happen. It’s not a wish-list for Council, but will help Council to know what you want, feeds into Council’s planning processes and sets priorities for small towns funding.
For more information on community planning, simply click here
. Maindample Park - proposed community open space area
The Maindample Progress Association in partnership with Council, have prepared plans to convert the old Maindample School site into a community open space area. The plans include:
To have a look at the concept plan click here.
- creation of shared pedestrian-bike pathways
- BBQ shelter, BBQ and picnic tables
- public toilets
- playing field area
External funding will need to be sourced to implement the project, but fundraising efforts are already underway within the Maindample community.
If you would like to get involved in the project or have any ideas for the Park please contact Pam Zierk-Mahoney (MPA secretary): email@example.com or 0421 659 734